Work & Career Opportunities
To respond to a job posting, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements and submit to email@example.com.
Jr. PLANNER / BUYER
Job SummaryThe Jr. Planner / Buyer is responsible for assisting with planning, coordinating the timely movement and processing of parts assigned to programs or areas in order to meet the demands of the customer.
TheJr. Planner / Buyer is also responsible toreview, coordinate and processes all purchase requisitions for raw materials, goods, outside services, non-production goods, tooling, fixtures, negotiates price/delivery, and issues purchase orders (PO).
- Coordinating production workflow for one or multiple products
- Planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand.
- Assign workers and other staff to particular production operations.
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time.
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports.
- Understand special process and machining requirements and ability to facilitate communication between production control, Engineering and the Supplier.
- Process organization purchase requisitions, develop procurement solicitations, negotiate price and delivery, and issue purchase orders.
- Prepare all aspects of procurement solicitations, including terms and conditions, customer contract flow down requirements, scope of work, and other requirements to facilitate acquisition or raw materials, goods, and services.
- Working with Quality and Engineering in addressing issues that may arise aiming for minimum disruption.
- Working with Quality in order to maintain and manage preferred/qualified vendor system, collect/analyze on time delivery data and vendor performance.
- Must be U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR 10.15).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the aerospace industry, specifically hydraulic or mechanical products as a Jr. planner / Buyer.
- Knowledge of master scheduling and production planning process along with material requirements, capacity planning, and shop floor control.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing routings and travelers.
- Knowledgeable of fixed pricing agreements and vendor managed inventory.
- Strong knowledge of contracting suppliers for building of products IAW SOWs and Specifications.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a particular team player.
- Open-minded personality and consistent “can do” attitude.
- Comfortable with periods of high workload.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Experience with an MRP and/or ERP system, Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
Responsible for the design, development, manufacture, and qualification of Aerospace & Defense hydraulic components. The Chief Engineer will serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME); key role in developing and supporting product line strategy, direction, and priorities. Provides technical solutions based on experience and personally developed techonology. Promotes innovationn to help identify new technologies to be used in systems and components and involved in a wide variety of large number of projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage complex projects/programs involving multiple components for completeness, compatibility, and compliance
- Generate technical solutions and has accoutnability for the integrity of design solutions on multiple programs including program technical and design reviews
- Drive best practice methodologies for hydraulic, mechanical engineering with proven methods & tools.
- Drive complete deisgn of components to meet customer requirements of performance.
- Perform trade studies to optimize design solutions
- Create or calculate tolerance stack ups, performs reliability and Failure Modes and Effects analysis
- Monitor testing and analyze data to verify performance of the product to customer and design specifications
- Provide technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to products
- Ensure the succesful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Work with the CEO to create schedules and budgets
- Lead internal and external technical meetings
- Co-author technical papers, reports, and proposals
- Take active role in building the team culture
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 8 years combined experience in the aerospace industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with hydraulic components
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR 10.15)
- Open-minded personality and consistent "can do" attitude
- Experience in team leadership, management of engineers and technical programs
- Familiarity with contracts, NDA's, IP, technical proposals, pricing, etc.
- Comfortable with periods of high workloads
- Knowledge of ANSY Y4.5 standarsds, tolerance analysis, computer aided design (Solidworks preferably)
The salary for this position is competitive, and will depend on level of experience and skills of the candidate. If interested, please include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.