Work & Career Opportunities
To respond to a job posting, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements and submit to email@example.com.
Job SummaryUses CAD equipment to provide support to engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture. Makes copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to database. Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engnineering terminology. Possesses mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Has familiarity with CAD/CAM equipment and relationship of CAD to CAM.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (SolidWorks CAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly draings).
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Sketches rough layout of machined components and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of components
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Updates drafting and engineering standards
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Converts existing production drawings to SolidWorks
- Communicates with tooling, QA, engineering and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
- Must be U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR 10.15).
- An Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year colloege or techincal school.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a team player.
- Firm grasp of mathematics, engineering, and industry information
- Excellent organization skills.
- Experience with an MRP and/or ERP system, Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.